Saturday, October 20, 2018

My Library Stacks

I am following Tierney's library stacks and sharing my own.  Today, I have not one, not two, but three library stacks to share with you today.


The first stack are the books I checked out this week. To highlight a couple of books from this stack,  Journal Sparks and Joyful Daily Stitching are books I have checked out before. Journal Sparks gives lots of great ideas of writing in a journal, and also has lots of beautiful visuals.  The Drawing School is one I will be following to get over my fear of drawing. It is very basic, kindergarten level drawing, which is here I need to start. It has a large variety of drawings, with step by step directions on how to draw each one.


This picture may look like last week's picture, but it shows that I haven't returned my previous books.  I have an overflow! I also have one ebook, The Forgotten Seamstress, which is an interesting historical fiction.


Lastly, this stack is books I was able to pick up for sale at the library! I didn't go to the Friends of the Library Big Book sale because it is just so dangerous, but there were quilt books for sale at my local library.

 It is making me nervous that they are selling so many of the quilting books, but it looks like they are reducing their book stacks in general. Maybe more people are reading e-books or giving up on books altogether. Some of these books are pretty skinny, so I had to lay them out for you to see the titles.  A lot of books didn't have library labels though so maybe a quilter is just clearing out her excess.

Quilts from El's Attic is by Eleanor Burns, and Quilting Those Flirty 30s seems like it has a lot of interesting patterns. The Uffizi is paintings from an art gallery. I was going to get a children's book so I could cut out pictures for a junk journal, if I ever get around to making one, but chose this one instead because it is bigger for the same price, and has more variety of paintings. It doesn't have the cutesy factor a children's book would have, so we'll have to see if I can cut it up.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stacks, Shasta! We're finally bringing in our boxes of books from the storage locker. This after 15 years. It's going to be like Christmas when we open them.
    I grew up fear of drawing, too. And truly it wasn't until last year that I got over it. (I'm about to be 65). I still gulp and get nervous when I start an art or craft project, but once brush or pencil or crayon or pen touches the surface, magic happens. I have no idea what I'm doing. I simply enjoy it. Have fun with your drawing. Don't concern yourself about perfection. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a book somewhere that I got as a gift for a little girl, but then I liked it so much I gave her something else... The book teaches how to paint with water colors. Such beautiful simple shapes. We just got a storage room - but mainly put boxes filled with stuff of my husband's and son's - the plan is that then I have clear access to 'my' boxes and can completely sweep out and clean the garage before returning their boxes to there. But if I find that book I will be sure to do the exercises - bet it will help with FMQing too... : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...